The Scotch Butchers Club, run by Quality Meat Scotland (QMS), provides support and promotional materials to mainly high street butchers throughout GB who retail the Scotch brands. The Club has around 250 members, with two thirds of members based in Scotland and the remainder located regionally throughout the rest of GB.
For a high street butcher to become a member of the Scotch Butchers Club, they must source beef, lamb and pork from QMS assured farms and processors. Members are audited annually and must be able to prove they are stocking Scotch Beef PGI, Scotch Lamb PGI or Specially Selected Pork.
Some current Scotch Butchers Club membership benefits include a membership certificate and vinyl, four bespoke butcher campaign point of sale packs per year, a monthly newsletter, access to consumer research and sales data and a listing on The Scotch Kitchen website.
However, following an internal strategic review, the Club is undergoing several changes this year, including a whole rebrand.
The new changes will position butchers as the ‘Champions of Scotch’ promoting their skill, craftsmanship and knowledge to consumers via new social media channels and website. To achieve this the Club will benefit from a whole new look and it will offer members a host of new and enhanced benefits, including:
- Brand guidelines providing instructions on brand usage for members
- A new, dedicated website where members can access promotional material, photography, research and insights
- ‘Meat Club’ webinars with guest speakers and practical demos
- A knowledge transfer mentoring programme
- Future of Meat quarterly global insights
- A virtual master butcher competition
- Dedicated recipe and inspiration hub and literature including guides to cuts and cooking instructions
- Improved social media presence including butchers ‘how to’ videos and industry Facebook and WhatsApp groups
The Clubs new offering will ensure butchers across GB have all the support they require to continue playing a key role in their local communities, as well as all the information and knowledge required to supply the best quality Scotch red meat.
Butchers can enjoy all of this and more by applying to join the Scotch Butchers Club for £75 per year.
For more information on Scotch Beef, Scotch Lamb and Specially Selected Pork, or to find out more about the Scotch Butchers Club, please contact Gordon Newlands, Brand Development Manager on 07769 714 837 or email@example.com
A directory and map of Scotch Butchers Club members can be found here: www.scotchkitchen.com/scotch-butchers-club